CLC 12-03 My University Application Progress Check

 I am now writing a blog poster for my School Career Life Connection course. I will be reporting my current status for university application by answering the given questions.

I will apply for universities mostly by myself. The actual processes are still to be determined. What is known is that I will apply to Canadian universities solely by myself. I am still considering applying to UK and Australia and to those two I may need to hire an agent. 

So far, I have asked my former teacher to write me a reference letter and he has agreed to do so. I am also currently having 6 courses with satisfying grades for applying and I am ready to keep my grades if everything goes as planned (in which I mean all the tests and projects were to be benevolent). I will also take the upcoming CSMC and Euclid math contest for potential scholarships at the University of Waterloo. 

In order to have everything for application properly, I will need great patience to figure out the terrible-designed websites and their misleading instruction. I will need to consult teachers and friends for accurate information. I might also need a higher IELTS score for some special majors and some top universities in the UK (some of them are asking for 7.5 and I might need some luck for that). I need to be cautious about my grades for the rest of the school year but I believe that wouldn’t be much of a problem. Some volunteer work and extracurricular activities might also help with the applications.

When asked about my personal feelings I would mostly give out some general, pointless term as the answer but this time I am exhaustedly announcing my feeling as frustration. I am having almost everything I need for the application but the actual application process is just too complicated for me. Once I was asked to choose a facility under North Edmonton Campus at the University of Alberta and the whole option table was left blank. In another time I was asked to confirm my education status and I failed to choose a time for study (a blank table was shown again) because I believed my current education status is “under high school certificate”. I have considered hiring an agent but my ego prevented me from doing so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week of 09-11 Blog Post