Week of 09-11 Blog Post
I am now writing a blog poster for learning
blogging. This is just a great way to learn new things. I will answer the given
3 questions in this poster.
I learned many basic facts about blogging
in the first week. Just by listening to the class and reading the PowerPoint
posted, I learned that the word “blog” refers to “a website that is like a
diary or journal” (Lee, 2020). In more conclusive words, blogging provides a
platform for one to share any content he or she likes in a relatively more
convenient and organized way. Creating a website for one’s blog posters can be
free but publishing a book can sometimes cost a person thousands of dollars,
for instance, “a 40,000-manuscript edited through NY Book Editors can run you
up to $2,700 for a comprehensive edit” (Allan, 2019). Also, writing a blog
doesn’t require any professional knowledge or certification from authorities,
anyone with basic writing and reading capability can be a blog writer. On the
other hand, putting a poster on a local magazine could require some fame or
brilliance in writing. As a medium to deliver complete thoughts and ideas to
the public, blogging is perfect for the vast civilian to use. Also, at the same
moment that I am writing these lines of words, I learned that designing a blog
poster on a website is more complicated than simply typing words.
After reading the blog poster about
indigenous people I, learned the existence of Indigenous Peoples Day (June
21st). I took a glance at what an average indigenous Canadian think about that
day, as an aboriginal individual “[he doesn’t] need Indigenous Peoples Day to
celebrate it” (Sayers, 2020). From the previous courses, I already have a
general picture of indigenous culture and history. The colonizers took away
their lands and push their culture to be dying. By reading the blog, I
understand that what the Canadian government hasn’t done enough to respect and
equally treat the indigenous population. What indigenous people want is not a
day to celebrate them, the indigenous way of life is what they pursue.
Frankly speaking, none of the two posters
showing in class make me reflect on my own life. The first blog is about taking
care of pets. As a person in fear of troubles a pet can bring to himself, I
feel irrelevant to all messages about pet raising. If that’s a natural disaster incoming, I would be more concerned about whether I and my
beloved ones are in the safe position instead of going to “make sure [my] dog
is wearing a securely fastened, well-fitting collar with up-to-date
identification” (Belinda, 2017). I don’t have any personal reflection about
that Indigenous people blog too. That blog mainly talks about the dying
indigenous culture and their unfair treatments. I feel bad to watch people in
that situation but that’s very few things I can do to change the current
circumstance. I don’t have a special connection to a certain ethnical group nor
culture and I certainly don’t appreciate the indigenous way of life enough to
consider actually living like an indigenous too. Also, I don’t reflect my own
life very often because when I am receiving information, I have a tendency to
focus on the information itself. If I am not deliberately reading content about
my life, that’s a large chance that what I am reading only has a very tiny
aspect that is related to it.
Reference List:
Allan, S. (2020, May 07). How Much Does It Cost to Publish a Book? A Detail of Full Expenses. Retrieved September 12, 2020, from https://self-publishingschool.com/much-cost-publish-book/
Belinda. (2017, June 21). Top Tips for Pet Preparedness. Retrieved September 12, 2020, from http://www.bodieontheroad.com/pet-safety-disaster-emergency/
Sayers, J. (2020, June 21). On Being Indigenous (Indigenous Peoples Day). Retrieved September 12, 2020, from https://fnbc.info/blogs/judith-sayers/being-indigenous-indigenous-peoples-day
Lee, S. (2020, September). Introduction to Blogging.
Paper presented at the Jiaxing Senior High British Columbia
Offshore School,
Jiaxing, China.
Hello there ~~~~
ReplyDelete